- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
72. (1) Where the appropriate authority determine not to confirm an order under section 97 of the TCPA 1990 which has taken effect under regulation 71(1), any claim for compensation under section 107(1) of that Act (compensation where planning permission revoked or modified) is limited to any loss or damage directly attributable to the permission being suspended or temporarily modified for the duration of the period between the order so taking effect and the appropriate authority’s determination not to confirm the order.
(2) Where the appropriate authority determine not to confirm an order under section 102 of the TCPA 1990 (orders requiring discontinuance of use or alteration or removal of buildings or works) which has taken effect under regulation 71(3), any claim for compensation under section 115 of that Act (compensation in respect of orders under section 102) is limited to any loss or damage directly attributable to any right to continue a use of the land being, by virtue of the order, suspended or subject to conditions for the duration of the period between the order so taking effect and the appropriate authority’s determination not to confirm the order.
(3) Paragraph (4) applies where—
(a)compensation is payable in respect of—
(i)an order under section 97 of the TCPA 1990, or
(ii)any order mentioned in section 115(1) of that Act or to which that section applies by virtue of section 115(5); and
(b)the order has been made pursuant to regulation 63 (review of existing decisions and consents).
(4) Where this paragraph applies, the authority liable to pay the compensation must refer the question as to the amount of the compensation to the Upper Tribunal for its determination, unless and to the extent that in any particular case the appropriate authority have indicated in writing that such a reference and determination may be dispensed with.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: