- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
19. (1) This regulation and regulations 20 to 22 apply where a notification is in force under section 28(1) of the WCA 1981 (sites of special scientific interest) in relation to land which is or forms part of a European site.
(2) The appropriate nature conservation body may, for the purpose of securing compliance with the requirements of the Habitats Directive, at any time amend the notification with respect to—
(a)the flora, fauna or geological or physiographical features by reason of which the land is of special interest; or
(b)any operations appearing to the appropriate nature conservation body to be likely to damage that flora or fauna or those features.
(3) The appropriate nature conservation body must give notice of any amendment to—
(a)every owner and occupier of land within the European site who in the opinion of that body may be affected by the amendment, and
(b)the local planning authority in whose area the land is situated,
and after service of a notice under sub-paragraph (a) the notification has effect in relation to such an owner or occupier in its amended form.
(4) Any local land charge relating to a notification by virtue of section 28(9) of the WCA 1981 must be varied in accordance with the amendment to that notification.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: