- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
76.—(1) Rule 59 (orders for production of documents) is amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph (1)(b) for “counterfoils and” substitute “the completed corresponding number lists or of”.
(3) In paragraph (2) for the words “a packet of counterfoils and” substitute “a sealed packet of the completed corresponding number lists or of”.
(4) For paragraph (6) substitute—
“(6) The production from proper custody of—
(a)a ballot paper purporting to have been used at any election, and
(b)a completed corresponding number list with a number marked in writing beside the number of the ballot paper,
shall be prima facie evidence that the elector whose vote was given by that ballot paper was the person whose entry in the register of electors (or on a notice issued under section 13BA(9) of the Representation of the People Act 1983) at the time of the election contained the same number as the number written as mentioned in sub-paragraph (b).”.
(5) In paragraph (7) for “counterfoils and” substitute “the completed corresponding number lists or of”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: