- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Scottish Parliament (Constituencies and Regions) Order 2010.
(2) This Order shall come into force on the day after the day on which it is made.
2. In this Order—
“the 1998 Act” means the Scotland Act 1998; and
“the deposited data” means the data recorded on the DVD-ROMs—
entitled “First Periodic Review of Scottish Parliament Boundaries: Final Recommendations for Constituencies and Regions – master copy submitted to the Secretary of State for Scotland”;
etched with the seal of the Boundary Commission for Scotland and the signatures of its Deputy Chairman and Secretary;
submitted to the Secretary of State for Scotland on 26th May 2010; and
deposited with him at his offices at 1 Melville Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 7HW.
3. (1) Schedule 1 to the 1998 Act is amended as follows.
(2) For paragraph 1(2)(c) substitute—
“(c)the constituencies specified in the Scottish Parliament (Constituencies and Regions) Order 2010 (S.I. 2010/2691) (S. 8).”.
(3) Paragraph 1(3) ceases to have effect.
(4) For paragraph 2(2) substitute—
“(2) The regions are those specified in the Scottish Parliament (Constituencies and Regions) Order 2010.”.
4. The constituencies specified for the purposes of paragraph 1(2)(c) of Schedule 1 to the 1998 Act((1)) are those which—
(a)are named in column 1 of the table in Schedule 1 to this Order; and
(b)comprise the areas described for each such constituency in the deposited data.
5. The constituencies are designated as being either county constituencies or burgh constituencies according to the entry in column 2 of that table opposite each constituency name.
6. The regions specified for the purposes of paragraph 2(2) of Schedule 1 to the 1998 Act(2) are those which—
(a)are named in column 1 of the table in Schedule 2 to this Order; and
(b)comprise the combined areas of the constituencies mentioned in column 2 of that table opposite the name of each region.
Clerk of the Privy Council
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: