- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (Commencement No. 9) Order 2010.
(2) In this Order, “the 2006 Act” means the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006.
2. The following provisions of the 2006 Act shall come into force, in relation to proceedings in magistrates’ courts in the relevant areas, on 1st November 2010—
(a)section 6 (orders on conviction in criminal proceedings);
(b)section 7 (supplementary provision about orders on conviction); and
(c)section 8 (variation or discharge of orders under section 6).
3. The following provisions of the 2006 Act shall come into force on 1st November 2010 in relation to proceedings in magistrates’ courts in the relevant areas, insofar as they are not already in force—
(a)section 9 (interim orders);
(b)section 10 (appeals);
(c)section 11 (breach of drinking banning orders);
(d)section 12 (approved courses);
(e)section 13 (certificates of completion of approved courses); and
(f)section 14 (interpretation of Chapter 1).
4. In articles 2 and 3, “the relevant areas” means the local justice areas(1) set out in the Schedule to this Order.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
18th October 2010
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: