- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
52. (1) The Governor, on instructions from Her Majesty given through a Secretary of State, shall appoint—
(a)the Chief Justice and any other judges of the Supreme Court; and
(b)the President of the Court of Appeal and the Justices of Appeal.
(2) The Governor, acting in accordance with the advice of the Chief Justice, shall appoint any acting judge of the Supreme Court.
(3) The Governor shall appoint any judicial officers.
(4) Every person appointed under this section shall, subject to this Constitution, hold office on such terms and conditions as the Governor may prescribe.
(5) Before entering upon the functions of the office, every holder of a judicial office referred to in this section shall make an oath or affirmation of allegiance and the judicial oath or affirmation in the forms set out in the Schedule.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: