- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
28. (1) During any period when the office of Governor is vacant or the Governor is for any reason unable to perform the functions of that office those functions shall, during Her Majesty’s pleasure, be assumed and performed by such person as Her Majesty may designate for that purpose by instructions given through a Secretary of State (“the person designated”).
(2) Before assuming the functions of the office of Governor, the person designated shall make the oaths or affirmations directed by section 27(4) to be made by the Governor.
(3) The person designated shall not continue to act in the office of Governor after the Governor has notified him or her that the Governor is about to assume or resume the functions of that office.
(4) In this section “the Governor” means the person holding the office of Governor.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: