Appeals against improvement notices
16. (1) Any person on whom an improvement notice is served may appeal to a magistrates’ court or, in Scotland, to the sheriff.
(2) The procedure on appeal to a magistrates’ court under paragraph (1) is by way of complaint, and the Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980 applies to the proceedings.
(3) An appeal to the sheriff under paragraph (1) is by summary application.
(4) The period within which an appeal may be brought is 28 days beginning with the date on which the notice was served.
(5) The court may suspend an improvement notice pending the determination or abandonment of an appeal.