PART 3Entitlement and payment of benefit
Entitlement to benefit
11.—(1) A beneficiary selected by the Secretary of State under regulation 6 is a prescribed case for the purposes of section 1(1) of the Social Security Administration Act 1992 (such that a beneficiary is entitled to benefit notwithstanding the conditions in section 1(1)(a) and (b) of that Act not being satisfied).
(2) A beneficiary is entitled to benefit from the day on which the Secretary of State notifies that beneficiary of such entitlement.
(3) Entitlement to benefit shall cease twelve weeks from the date of notification.
Payment of benefit
12.—(1) Following notification in accordance with regulation 11, benefit is payable every four weeks in arrears.
(2) Benefit shall be paid by direct credit transfer to the same account to which the beneficiary’s retirement pension is paid.
13.—(1) The weekly amount of benefit to be paid shall be rounded as follows.
(2) Amounts of less than one pound shall be rounded to one pound.
(3) Amounts greater than one pound shall be rounded to the nearest pound, taking fifty pence as nearest to the next whole pound.
14.—(1) No account is to be taken of a payment of benefit in considering a person’s—
(a)liability to tax;
(b)entitlement to another benefit under any enactment relating to social security (irrespective of the name or nature of that other benefit, and including entitlement to state pension credit payable other than by virtue of these Regulations); or
(c)entitlement to a tax credit.
(2) Paragraph (1) applies only in respect of the tax year in which a payment of benefit is received.