- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1st February 2010
Laid before Parliament
3rd February 2010
Coming into force
1st March 2010
The Secretary of State makes the following Order in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 104 and 112(1) of the Scotland Act 1998(1).
1. This Order may be cited as the Scottish Register of Tartans Act 2008 (Consequential Modifications) Order 2010 and comes into force on 1st March 2010.
2. (1) In this article “the 1988 Act” means the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988(2).
(2) In section 47(6) of the 1988 Act (material open to public inspection or on official register), in the definition of “statutory requirement”, the reference to an enactment includes any enactment contained in the Scottish Register of Tartans Act 2008(3).
(3) In section 50(1)(4) of the 1988 Act (acts done under statutory authority) the reference to an Act of Parliament includes the Scottish Register of Tartans Act 2008.
(4) Nothing in this article is to be construed as excluding any defence of statutory authority otherwise available under or by virtue of any statutory provision.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
Ministry of Justice,
1st February 2010
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order is made in consequence of the Scottish Register of Tartans Act 2008 (“the 2008 Act”). The 2008 Act establishes a Register of Tartans to be held electronically by the Keeper of the Register, an office also established by the 2008 Act.
This Order makes it clear that certain acts carried out in relation to the Register of Tartans by virtue of the 2008 Act are covered by the exceptions to copyright in sections 47 and 50(1) of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988. The Order does this by deeming the term “enactment” in section 47(6) and the term “Act of Parliament” in section 50(1) to include the 2008 Act.
Article 2 of the Order does not affect any defence of statutory authority that may be available at common law in relation to things done under the 2008 Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: