- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) In this article “the 1988 Act” means the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988(1).
(2) In section 47(6) of the 1988 Act (material open to public inspection or on official register), in the definition of “statutory requirement”, the reference to an enactment includes any enactment contained in the Scottish Register of Tartans Act 2008(2).
(3) In section 50(1)(3) of the 1988 Act (acts done under statutory authority) the reference to an Act of Parliament includes the Scottish Register of Tartans Act 2008.
(4) Nothing in this article is to be construed as excluding any defence of statutory authority otherwise available under or by virtue of any statutory provision.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: