- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This order may be cited as the Equality Act 2010 (Commencement No. 1) Order 2010.
(2) In this order—
“the 2006 Act” means the Equality Act 2006(1);
“the Code” means the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 Code of Practice for Trade Organisations, Qualifications Bodies and General Qualifications Bodies (ISBN 978-1-84206-049-0) referred to in the Disability Discrimination Code of Practice (Trade Organisations, Qualifications Bodies and General Qualifications Bodies)(Commencement) Order 2008(2); and
“subordinate legislation” means Orders in Council, orders, rules or regulations.
2. To the extent that the provisions of the Equality Act 2010 listed in the Schedule to this order confer or relate to the power to make subordinate legislation or guidance, those provisions come into force on the day after the day on which this order is made, for the purpose of enabling subordinate legislation or guidance to be made.
3. (1) The following provisions of the Equality Act 2010 come into force on the day after the day on which this order is made —
(a)subsection 211(1) so far as it relates to paragraph 10(1), (2) and (3) and (5) of Schedule 26; and
(b)Paragraph 10(1), (2) and (3) and (5) of Schedule 26.
(2) Notwithstanding the amendments to the 2006 Act commenced by paragraph 1, the Code will continue to have effect.
Secretary of State for the Home Department
5th July 2010
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: