- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5.—(1) Network Rail may construct and maintain the scheduled works.
(2) Subject to article 6 (power to deviate), the scheduled works may only be constructed in the lines or situations shown on the Order plans and in accordance with the levels shown on the Order sections.
(3) Subject to paragraph (5), Network Rail may carry out and maintain such of the following works as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or for purposes ancillary to, the construction of the scheduled works, namely—
(a)railway electrification and signalling works;
(b)the provision of buildings, yards, machinery, plant, apparatus and other works and conveniences;
(c)the provision, repair and strengthening of approaches, bridges, subways, turning places, ramps, passages, means of access, shafts and stagings as Network Rail thinks fit;
(d)the provision of embankments, aprons, abutments, retaining walls, wing walls and culverts;
(e)works to alter or remove any structure erected on any highway or adjoining land;
(f)works to alter the position of apparatus, including mains, sewers, drains and cables;
(g)works to alter the course of, or otherwise interfere with, a watercourse other than a navigable watercourse;
(h)landscaping and other works to mitigate any adverse effects of the construction, maintenance or operation of the authorised works (other than works authorised by this sub-paragraph); and
(i)works for the benefit or protection of premises affected by the authorised works (other than works authorised by this paragraph).
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), Network Rail may carry out such other works (of whatever nature) as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or for purposes ancillary to, the construction of the authorised works, other than works that would interfere with a navigable watercourse.
(5) Paragraphs (3) and (4) shall only authorise the carrying out or maintenance of works outside the limits of deviation if such works are carried out on land specified in columns (1) and (2) of Part 2 of Schedule 4 (acquisition of land) or in columns (1) and (2) of Schedule 7 (land of which temporary possession may be taken) in each case for the purpose specified in relation to that land in column (3) of the appropriate Schedule.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: