- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Sports Grounds And Sporting Events, England And Wales
9th June 2010
Laid before Parliament
15th June 2010
Coming into force
23rd July 2010
The Secretary of State makes the following Order in exercise of the power conferred by section 11 of the Football Spectators Act 1989(1). In accordance with section 11(4) of that Act he has consulted with the Football Licensing Authority.
1. This Order may be cited as the Football Spectators (Seating) Order 2010 and shall come into force on 23rd July 2010.
2. (1) The Secretary of State directs the Football Licensing Authority as set out in paragraph (2).
(2) When granting any licence to admit spectators(2) to the premises specified in column (1) of Schedule 1 and further identified in column (2) of that Schedule by the name of the football club of which they are the home ground, the Football Licensing Authority shall include in that licence a condition imposing the requirements, as respects the seating of spectators at designated football matches(3), specified in Schedule 2.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
Department for Culture, Media and Sport
9th June 2010
|(1) Address of the premises||(2) Football club of which the premises are the home ground|
Bloomfield Road Stadium
|Blackpool Football Club Limited|
1. Only seated accommodation shall be provided for spectators at a designated football match.
2. Spectators shall only be admitted to watch a designated football match from seated accommodation.
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order directs the Football Licensing Authority to include in any licence to admit spectators to the Bloomfield Road Stadium a condition imposing the requirements that only seated accommodation is to be provided for spectators at a designated football match and that spectators shall only be admitted to watch such a match from seated accommodation. In order to admit spectators to a designated football match, which would include any association football match played at this ground, a licence is required under the Football Spectators Act 1989.
A full impact assessment has not been produced for this Order.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: