- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
4.—(1) There are assigned to the Council as port health authority the functions, rights and liabilities of a local authority under the enactments specified in the Schedule to this Order, as far as they are applicable to a port health authority, and to any land, waters, premises, vessels or persons within its jurisdiction.
(2) For the purposes of the functions, rights and liabilities assigned to the Council by virtue of this Order, the enactments mentioned in the Schedule to this Order shall have effect as if—
(a)any vessel lying within the port health district were a house, building or premises; and
(b)the master or other officer or person in charge of the vessel were the occupier.
(3) Within that part of the port health district as described in article 2 which lies within the District of North Somerset the functions, rights and liabilities assigned shall only be exercised and subsist in relation to vessels, cargoes discharged from such vessels and the buildings to which such cargoes are directly discharged.
(4) There are assigned to the port health authority constituted by this Order the functions, rights and liabilities of a food authority under the Food Safety Act 1990(1) so far as they are applicable to a port health authority.
(5) This article shall not apply to any vessel belonging to Her Majesty or to any vessel engaged in the service of Her Majesty, whether belonging to Her Majesty or not, or to any vessel belonging to the armed forces of any country to which the provisions of the Visiting Forces Act 1952(2) apply by virtue of section 1 of that Act.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: