- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
30.—(1) The Race Relations Act 1976 is amended as follows.
(2) In sections 14, 17 and 18 for “local education authority” in each place where those words occur substitute “local authority”.
(3) In section 57(5A) for “local education authorities” substitute “local authorities”.
(4) In paragraph 46 of Schedule 1A(1) for “local education authorities” substitute “local authorities”.
(5) In section 78(1) after the definition of “independent school” insert—
““local authority” has the meaning given by section 579(1) of the Education Act 1996; ” .
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: