- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
14. (1) The Education and Inspections Act 2006 is amended as follows.
(2) In Parts 1 to 7 for “local education authority” and “local education authorities” in each place where those words occur (except in section 80) substitute “local authority” and “local authorities” respectively.
(3) For “LEA” and “LEAs” in each place where those words occur substitute “local authority” and “local authorities” respectively.
(4) In section 24 after subsection (8) insert—
“(9) In subsection (4) “local authority” includes a non-metropolitan district council for an area for which there is a county council.”
(5) In section 80(2) omit “in relation to local education authorities with effect”.
(6) In section 123(1)(d) for “local education authorities” substitute “local authorities”.
(7) In sections 124(5)(c), 126(4)(c), 128(3)(b) and (7), 129(2)(c) and 130(3) for “local education authority” substitute “local authority in England”.
(8) In section 135(1) for paragraph (b) substitute—
“(b)the education functions of the authority (as defined in section 579(1) of EA 1996), ”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: