- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), the provisions of the General Regulations mentioned in paragraph (3) shall, in so far as they apply to additional statutory paternity pay (adoption), apply to adoptions from overseas.
(2) Any references to the provisions of Part 12ZA of the Act in the provisions of the General Regulations mentioned in paragraph (3) shall be construed as references to the provisions of Part 12ZA as modified, where appropriate, by the Application Regulations.
(3) The provisions of the General Regulations referred to in paragraph (1) are regulations 21, 22, 24 to 31, 33 to 39 and, subject to paragraphs (4) and (5) respectively, regulations 20 and 32.
(4) In the General Regulations, the provisions of regulation 20 shall apply as if for “, as appropriate, regulation 11(1)(b) or regulation 18(1)(b),”, there were substituted “regulation 11(1)(b) of the Additional Statutory Paternity Pay (Adoptions from Overseas) Regulations 2010,”.
(5) In the General Regulations, the provisions of regulation 32 shall apply as if—
(a)in paragraph (2)(b), for “the week in which the adopter is notified of being matched with the child for the purposes of adoption” there were substituted—
“(b)the week in which—
(i)official notification is sent to the adopter, or
(ii)the person satisfies the condition in regulation 5(3)(a) of the Additional Statutory Paternity Pay (Adoptions from Overseas) Regulations 2010 (26 weeks’ continuous employment),
whichever is the later”; and
(b)at the end of paragraph (2), there were added ““official notification” has the same meaning as in the Additional Statutory Paternity Pay (Adoptions from Overseas) Regulations 2010”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Impact Assessments generally accompany all UK Government interventions of a regulatory nature that affect the private sector, civil society organisations and public services. They apply regardless of whether the regulation originates from a domestic or international source and can accompany primary (Acts etc) and secondary legislation (SIs). An Impact Assessment allows those with an interest in the policy area to understand:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: