- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
23. (1) A scheme operator must provide to the appropriate authority information on the total amount in tonnes of portable batteries that each scheme member has placed on the market for the first time in the United Kingdom in—
(b)each relevant compliance period.
(2) The information must—
(a)be in writing and signed by the appropriate person;
(b)specify the total amount in tonnes and the amount in tonnes by reference to the chemistry type; and
(c)be submitted in the format published by the appropriate authority under regulation 79.
(3) The duty in paragraph (1)(a) does not require a scheme operator to provide information relating to portable batteries placed on the market for the first time in the United Kingdom during 2009 but before the coming into force of these Regulations.
(4) The information referred to in paragraph (1)(a) must be provided on or before 31st January 2010.
(5) The information referred to in paragraph (1)(b) must be provided for each quarter period of a relevant compliance period on or before the last day of the month following the end of that quarter period.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Impact Assessments generally accompany all UK Government interventions of a regulatory nature that affect the private sector, civil society organisations and public services. They apply regardless of whether the regulation originates from a domestic or international source and can accompany primary (Acts etc) and secondary legislation (SIs). An Impact Assessment allows those with an interest in the policy area to understand:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: