- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
17. (1) The Falmouth & Truro Port Health Authority Order 1988(1) is amended as follows.
(2) In article 1(citation, commencement and interpretation), in paragraph (2)—
(a)after the definition of “the Act”, insert—
““the Council” means the council for the county of Cornwall”; and
(b)omit the definition of “the joint board”.
(3) Omit article 2 (specified riparian authorities).
(4) In article 3 (the port health authority)—
(a)in paragraph (1), for “joint board” substitute “Council”; and
(b)omit paragraphs (3) and (4).
(5) Omit articles 4, 5 and 6 (provisions relating to the joint board).
(6) In article 7 (jurisdiction), for “The joint board” substitute “The Council”.
(7) For the heading to article 8 (functions assigned to the joint board), substitute—
(8) In article 8—
(a)in paragraph (1)—
(i)for the words from the beginning to “local authority” substitute “The Council, as port health authority, shall have its functions, rights and liabilities”; and
(ii)for “their jurisdiction” substitute “its jurisdiction”; and
(b)in paragraph (2), for “the functions, rights and liabilities assigned to the joint board” substitute “the Council’s functions, rights and liabilities”.
(9) Omit articles 9 and 10 (expenses and audit).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: