- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
9.—(1) Subsections (1) and (1A) of section 138 of FSMA(1) (general rule-making power) have effect as if modified by inserting after “protecting the interests of consumers”—
“or for the purposes of, to facilitate or in consequence of the Dunfermline Building Society Property Transfer Instrument 2009”.
(2) Section 148(2) of FSMA (modification or waiver of rules) is modified so it applies in relation to a relevant person—
(a)in the absence of an application by the relevant person, and
(b)without any requirement for consent by the relevant person.
(3) Section 148(4)(2) of FSMA is to have effect such that it does not prevent the FSA from modifying or waiving rules in relation to a relevant person under section 148 where the following condition is satisfied.
(4) The condition is that the FSA is satisfied that the modification or waiver is necessary for the purposes of, to facilitate or in consequence of the Property Transfer Instrument.
(5) In this article, relevant persons are Dunfermline Building Society and the Dunfermline Bridge Bank.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: