- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) Paragraph 26 is amended as follows.
(2) In the heading omit “and reviews”.
(3) In sub-paragraph (2)—
(a)in paragraph (c) for “this paragraph” substitute “paragraph 26A”; and
(b)in paragraph (d) for “paragraph 28” substitute “this paragraph”.
(4) For sub-paragraphs (3) to (6) substitute—
“(3) The person may appeal to the tribunal against the decision in accordance with paragraph 26F.
(4) On the appeal the tribunal may—
(a)set aside the decision appealed against, and
(b)impose any penalty that could have been imposed by HMRC or remit the matter to HMRC.
(5) In this paragraph, and in paragraphs 26A to 26F, “tribunal” means the First-tier Tribunal or, where so provided by or determined under Tribunal Procedure Rules, the Upper Tribunal.
(6) Section 85 of the Value Added Tax Act 1994 (settling appeals by agreement)(1) shall apply to appeals under this paragraph as if the reference to section 83 of that Act included a reference to this paragraph.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: