- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7. (1) For the purposes of exercising functions in relation to Article 18(3) of the Council Regulation, an authorised officer may exercise the powers in sections 268 and 270 to 278 of, and Schedule 18 to, the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009, save that any reference in those provisions—
(a)to an ‘enforcement officer’ is to be read as an ‘authorised officer’; and
(b)to ‘fish’ is to be read as ‘fish or fishery products’.
(2) The competent authority must refuse importation or permission to use transhipment facilities where a declaration has not been submitted in accordance with Article 8 of the Council Regulation and Article 3 of the Commission Regulation.
(3) Where the competent authority has refused importation pursuant to Article 18(1) or (2) of the Council Regulation or paragraph (2) above, the importer may appeal to a magistrates’ court within 28 days of the refusal.
(4) The procedure in a magistrates’ court under this Order is by way of complaint, and the Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980(1) applies to the proceedings.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: