- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 (Commencement No.1 and Saving Provision) Order 2009.
(2) In this Order “the Act” means the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009.
2. (1) The provisions of the Act specified in column 1 of the Schedule come into force on 12th January 2010.
(2) Where a particular purpose is specified in column 2 of the Schedule in relation to any such provision, the provision comes into force on that date for that purpose only.
3. (1) Despite the coming into force of sections 55 and 56 of and paragraphs 7 to 9 of Schedule 2 to the Act, in accordance with article 2, the amendments to the Education Act 1996 made by those sections and paragraphs do not have effect in respect of any academic year before the 2010-2011 academic year .
(2) In this article “academic year” has the meaning given by section 509AC of the Education Act 1996.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
Department for Children, Schools and Families
14th December 2009
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: