- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
26.—(1) A market operator must ensure that all animals are divided into lots of one or more animals immediately upon their arrival at the market and that a lot number is allocated to each lot.
(2) No person may buy an animal at a market unless they buy all the other animals in the lot to which that animal belongs and moves the entire lot from the market to the same holding.
(3) No person may sell an animal at a market unless they also sell all the other animals in the lot to the same buyer.
(4) A market operator may not receive an animal onto a market unless—
(a)it is identified in accordance with this Order; and
(b)it is accompanied by a movement document which is completed in accordance with Part 8.
(5) But a market operator may receive an animal onto a market which is not identified in accordance with this Order with the approval of the local authority.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: