- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8.—(1) Section 14 of the 1984 Act (consultation with Building Regulations Advisory Committee and other bodies) is amended as follows.
(2) For subsection (1) substitute—
“(1) The Secretary of State shall appoint a committee, to be known as the Building Regulations Advisory Committee for England, for the purpose of advising the Secretary of State on the exercise of the Secretary of State’s power to make building regulations, and on other subjects connected with building regulations.”
(3) In subsections (2) and (3), after “Committee” insert “for England”.
(4) In subsection (4)(1)—
(a)in paragraph (a), after “Committee” insert “for England”; and
(b)in paragraph (b), after “local authorities” insert “in England”.
(5) After subsection (4) insert—
“(5) The Welsh Ministers shall appoint a committee, to be known as the Building Regulations Advisory Committee for Wales, for the purpose of advising them on the exercise of their power to make building regulations, and on other subjects connected with building regulations.
(6) The Welsh Ministers may pay such expenses incurred by members of the Building Regulations Advisory Committee for Wales as the Welsh Ministers may determine.
(7) Before making any building regulations containing substantive requirements, the Welsh Ministers shall consult the Building Regulations Advisory Committee for Wales and such other bodies as appear to them to be representative of the interests concerned.
(8) Before making any building regulations containing provision of the kind authorised by paragraph 11(1)(c) of Schedule 1 to this Act, the Welsh Ministers shall consult—
(a)the Building Regulations Advisory Committee for Wales,
(b)such persons or bodies as appear to them to be representative of local authorities in Wales, and
(c)such other bodies as appear to them to be representative of the interests concerned.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: