- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2.—(1) Section 94 of the 2006 Act is amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (4).
(2) In subsection (4)(a), after “Schedule 5” insert “and does not fall within any of the exceptions specified in paragraph A1 of Part 2 of that Schedule (whether or not the exception is under a heading corresponding to the field which includes the matter).”
(3) In subsection (6)(a), after “restrictions in” insert “paragraphs 1 to 6 of’.
(4) In subsection (7), after “Schedule 5” insert “(or falls within any of the exceptions specified in paragraph A1 of Part 2 of that Schedule)”.
(5) In section 101(1)(a) of the 2006 Act, after “Schedule 5” insert “(or falls within any of the exceptions specified in paragraph A1 of Part 2 of that Schedule)”.
(6) Schedule 5 to the 2006 Act is amended in accordance with paragraphs (7) to (12).
(7) In Part 1 of Schedule 5(1)—
(a)in matter 10.1 omit the words from “This does not include” to the end of that matter;
(b)omit the words and tables from “EXCEPTIONS TO MATTERS” to the end of that Part.
(8) For the heading of Part 2 of Schedule 5 substitute “EXCEPTIONS TO MATTERS AND GENERAL RESTRICTIONS”.
(9) After the heading of Part 2 of Schedule 5 insert—
A1. These are the exceptions mentioned in section 94(4)(a) and (7)—
(1) Registration of local bus services, and the application and enforcement of traffic regulation conditions in relation to those services.
(2) Regulation of the use of motor vehicles on roads, their construction and equipment and conditions under which they may be so used (apart from regulation relating to matter 10.1).
(3) Road traffic offences.
(4) Driver licensing.
(5) Driving instruction.
(6) Insurance of motor vehicles.
(7) Drivers’ hours.
(8) Traffic regulation on special roads (apart from regulation relating to matter 10.1).
(9) Pedestrian crossings.
(10) Traffic signs (apart from the placing and maintenance of traffic signs within the meaning of section 177 of the Transport Act 2000 for purposes relating to matter 10.1).
(11) Speed limits.
(12) Public service vehicle operator licensing.
(13) Provision and regulation of railway services, apart from financial assistance which—
(a)does not relate to the carriage of goods,
(b)is not made in connection with a railway administration order, and
(14) Transport security.
(15) Shipping, apart from financial assistance for shipping services to, from or within Wales.
(16) Navigational rights and freedoms, apart from regulation of works which may obstruct or endanger navigation.
(17) Technical and safety standards of vessels.
(18) Harbours, docks, piers and boatslips, apart from those used or required wholly or mainly for communications between places in Wales.
Social welfare (field 15 of Part 1)
(1) Child support.
(2) Child trust funds, apart from subscriptions to such funds by—
(a)a county council or county borough council in Wales, or
(b)the Welsh Ministers.
(3) Tax credits.
(4) Child benefit and guardian’s allowance.
(5) Social security.
(6) Independent living funds.
(8) Vaccine damage payments.
(9) Intercountry adoption, apart from adoption agencies and their functions, and functions of the “Central Authority” under the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in respect of Intercountry Adoption.
(10) The Children’s Commissioner established under the Children Act 2004.
(11) Family law and proceedings apart from—
(a)welfare advice to courts, representation and provision of information, advice and other support to children ordinarily resident in Wales and their families, and
(b)Welsh family proceedings officers.
(12) Welfare foods.
(10) For the heading of Part 3 of Schedule 5 substitute “EXCEPTIONS FROM GENERAL RESTRICTIONS IN PART 2”.
(11) After the heading of Part 3 of Schedule 5, insert—
6Z In this Part “general restrictions in Part 2” means paragraphs 1 to 6 of Part 2.”.
(12) In Part 3 of Schedule 5, for “Part 2 does not” (in each place) substitute “The general restrictions in Part 2 do not”.
Matter 10.1 was inserted by section 122 of the Local Transport Act 2008 (c.26). The words and tables from “EXCEPTIONS TO MATTERS” to the end of Part 1 of Schedule 5 were inserted by article 5 of the National Assembly for Wales (Legislative Competence) (Social Welfare and Other Fields) Order 2008 (SI.2008/3132).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: