- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
47. (1) Schedule 3 to the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 (control of sex establishments) is amended as specified in paragraphs (2) to (4).
(2) In paragraph 10, for sub-paragraph (14) substitute—
“(14) A copy of an application for the grant, renewal or transfer of a licence under this Schedule shall be sent to the chief officer of police—
(a)in a case where the application is made by means of a relevant electronic facility, by the appropriate authority not later than 7 days after the date the application is received by the authority;
(b)in any other case, by the applicant not later than 7 days after the date of the application.
(14A) In sub-paragraph (14) above “relevant electronic facility” means—
(a)the electronic assistance facility referred to in regulation 38 of the Provision of Services Regulations 2009, or
(b)any facility established and maintained by the appropriate authority for the purpose of receiving applications under this Schedule electronically.”.
(3) In that paragraph, in sub-paragraph (20) omit—
(a)“, if required to do so by the applicant or holder of the licence,”, and
(b)“within 7 days of his requiring them to do so”.
(4) In paragraph 12(1)(c) and (d), for “the United Kingdom”, substitute “an EEA state”.
(5) For the purposes of regulation 19(5), the arrangements made by paragraph 10 of that Schedule fall within the “different arrangements” referred to in regulation 19(5).
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: