- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
11.—(1) Sections 475 to 481 and 484 to 539 of the Companies Act 2006 (audit) apply to unregistered companies, with the following modifications.
(2) Section 494 (disclosure of services provided by auditor or associates and related remuneration) is modified so that it reads as follows—
494. The Companies (Disclosure of Auditor Remuneration and Liability Limitation Agreements) Regulations 2008 (S.I. 2008/489) apply as regards the disclosure of—
(a)the nature of any services provided for a company by the company’s auditor (whether in the capacity as auditor or otherwise) or by the auditor’s associates;
(b)the amount of any remuneration received or receivable by the auditor, or the auditor’s associates, in respect of any such services.”.
(3) In section 504 (meaning of “senior statutory auditor”), in subsection (1)(b)(ii) for “by order of the Secretary of State” substitute “by the Statutory Auditors (Delegation of Functions etc) Order 2008 (S.I. 2008/496)”.
(4) Section 538 (disclosure by company of liability limitation agreement) is modified so that it reads as follows—
538. A company that has entered into a liability limitation agreement must make the disclosure in connection with the agreement required by the Companies (Disclosure of Auditor Remuneration and Liability Limitation Agreements) Regulations 2008 (S.I. 2008/489).”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: