- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Registrar of Companies (Fees) (Companies, Overseas Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships) Regulations 2009 and come into force on 1st October 2009.
2. In these Regulations–
“the 2006 Act” means the Companies Act 2006;
“revoked provisions” means those regulations listed in Schedule 5 to these Regulations; and “continuing provisions” means the provisions of those regulations excepted from revocation in that Schedule.
3. Schedule 1 to these Regulations makes provision for the fees that are payable to the registrar in respect of the receipt of documents relating to companies, overseas companies and limited liability partnerships by the registrar and their registration.
4. Schedule 2 to these Regulations makes provision for the fees that are payable to the registrar in respect of the inspection, or provision of copies, of documents kept by the registrar relating to companies, overseas companies and limited liability partnerships.
5. Schedule 3 to these Regulations makes provision for the fees that are payable to the registrar in respect of the disclosure of protected information relating to directors of companies, directors and permanent representatives of overseas companies and members of limited liability partnerships.
6. Where any document delivered to the registrar on or before 30th September 2009 is registered on or after 1st October 2009 the fee prescribed in Schedule 1 to these Regulations in respect of that document shall not apply and any fee payable in respect of that document by virtue of the revoked provisions shall apply.
7. Where any document is delivered to the registrar on or after 1st October 2009 under a provision specified in Schedule 4 to these Regulations in the circumstances specified there the fee prescribed in Schedule 1 to these Regulations shall not apply and any fee payable in respect of that document by virtue of the continuing provisions shall apply.
8. Where any application is made to the registrar on or before 30th September 2009 in respect of the inspection of, or the provision of copies of, material kept by the registrar, the fee prescribed in Schedule 2 to these Regulations or determined by the registrar in the exercise of his power under section 1063(5) of the 2006 Act in respect of that application shall not apply and any fee payable under the revoked provisions shall apply.
9. The regulations listed in Schedule 5 to these Regulations are revoked to the extent specified.
Minister for Business and Regulatory Reform,
Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
30th July 2009
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: