- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
99. (1) For the purposes of an investigation under regulation 98 the OFT may require any person—
(a)to produce to it or to a person appointed by it, at a specified time and place, any specified document, or
(b)to provide to it or to a person appointed by it, at a specified time and place, any specified information,
which the OFT considers relates to any matter relevant to the investigation.
(2) The power conferred by paragraph (1) is to be exercised by a notice indicating the subject matter and purpose of the investigation.
(3) Information required to be provided under paragraph (1) must be provided in the specified manner and form, or, if that is not possible, in the nearest equivalent manner and form.
(4) The power conferred by paragraph (1) to require a person to produce a document includes power—
(a)to require them to provide an explanation of the document, or
(b)if the document is not produced, to require them to state, to the best of their knowledge and belief, where it is.
(5) In this regulation—
“document” includes information recorded in any form;
“information” includes estimates and forecasts;
specified, or described, in the notice referred to in paragraph (2), or
falling within a category which is specified, or described, in such notice.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: