- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
1. A home energy advice package means—
(a)a home energy survey;
(b)home energy assistance; and
(c)a home energy report;
2. A home energy survey means the survey of a domestic energy user’s property carried out by an energy assessor with a view to providing home energy assistance.
3. Home energy assistance means information provided by an energy assessor to a domestic energy user, in person at the time of the home energy survey, which deals with such of the matters set out in paragraph 4 as are applicable to that user.
4. The matters referred to in paragraph 3 are—
(a)where programming or heating controls—
(i)are installed, how these controls may be used more effectively to achieve energy efficiency savings or energy savings;
(ii)are not installed, whether they would be appropriate for the property.
(b)where a boiler is installed to provide heating or hot water—
(i)an assessment as to whether that boiler is working efficiently;
(ii)how that boiler may be used more effectively to achieve energy efficiency savings or energy savings;
(iii)whether that boiler could be replaced by a more efficient model.
(c)in respect of any electrical appliances or devices, how they may be used more effectively to achieve energy efficiency savings or energy savings;
(d)how energy efficiency savings or energy savings can be achieved in relation to general hot-water use, especially that connected to the use of showers, baths and washing machines;
(e)such other information which an energy assessor reasonably believes may assist a domestic energy user to achieve energy efficiency savings or energy savings.
5. A home energy report means a report that sets out in writing—
(a)the home energy assistance;
(b)a list of actions or measures which will help the particular domestic energy user to achieve energy efficiency savings or energy savings; and
(c)the contact details for the Energy Saving Trust(1),
and is provided to a domestic energy user within three months of the home energy survey.
The Energy Saving Trust is a private company which is limited by guarantee. The company receives funding from the Government for the purposes of providing energy efficiency and energy savings advice. The Energy Saving Trust can be contacted on 0800 512 012.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: