- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
20. (1) The carbon emissions reduction obligation of one generator or supplier (“person A”) may be treated as achieved in whole or part by qualifying action completed by a generator or a supplier (“person B”) (“a transfer”).
(2) A transfer only has effect if approved by the Authority.
(3) To obtain approval, persons A and B must—
(a)apply for approval in writing to the Authority by 31st December 2012; and
(b)provide to the Authority such information, including the number and type of qualifying actions in question, as the Authority may reasonably require.
(4) The Authority must not approve a transfer where it has reasonable grounds to believe that, if the transfer were approved, the carbon emissions reduction obligation placed on person B will not be achieved.
(5) If the Authority decides not to approve a transfer under paragraph (4) it must notify persons A and B of the reasons for that decision.
(6) The completed qualifying action under a transfer does not count towards the carbon emissions reduction obligation of person B.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: