- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. (1) The Secretary of State may approve a weighing system if the Secretary of State is satisfied that it is suitable for weighing herring, mackerel or horse mackerel.
(2) The Secretary of State may—
(a)determine conditions to which an approval given under paragraph (1) may be subject; and
(b)amend such conditions.
(3) Where there is a contravention of, or a failure to comply with, a condition determined under paragraph (2), the owner of the weighing system, the operator of that system and the owner of the premises in which that system is located are each guilty of an offence.
(4) A person is guilty of an offence if that person interferes with a weighing system approved under paragraph (1) and, by so doing, causes that system to provide an inaccurate weight reading.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: