- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Transfer of Functions of the Charity Tribunal Order 2009 and comes into force on 1st September 2009.
2.—(1) The functions of the Charity Tribunal are transferred to the First-tier Tribunal and the Upper Tribunal, with the question as to which one of them is to exercise the function in a particular case being determined by, or under, Tribunal Procedure Rules.
(2) The Charity Tribunal is abolished.
3. A person who, immediately before this Order comes into force, holds an office listed in column (1) of the following table is to hold the office or offices listed in the corresponding entry in column (2) of the table.
|(1) Office held||(2) Office to be held|
|President of the Charity Tribunal appointed under paragraph 1(2)(a) of Schedule 1B to the Charities Act 1993(1)||Deputy judge of the Upper Tribunal and transferred-in judge of the First-tier Tribunal|
|A legal member of the Charity Tribunal appointed under paragraph 1(2)(b) of Schedule 1B to the Charities Act 1993||Transferred-in judge of the First-tier Tribunal|
|An ordinary member of the Charity Tribunal appointed under paragraph 1(2)(c) of Schedule 1B to the Charities Act 1993||Transferred-in other member of the First-tier Tribunal|
4.—(1) Schedule 1 contains amendments to primary legislation as a consequence of the transfer effected by this Order.
(2) Schedule 2 contains an amendment to secondary legislation as a consequence of the transfer effected by this Order.
(3) Schedule 3 contains repeals and revocations as a consequence of the amendments in Schedules 1 and 2.
(4) Schedule 4 contains transitional and saving provisions.
By authority of the Lord Chancellor
Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State
Ministry of Justice
7th July 2009
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: