56.—(1) There shall be such number of Council Committees as the Governor may from time to time determine.
(2) A Council Committee shall consist of—
(a)such number of persons who are Members of the Legislative Council; and
(b)such number, if any, of persons who are not Members of the Council,
as the Governor, acting after consultation with the Chairman of the Committee, may decide.
(3) There shall be a Chairman of each Council Committee who shall be an Elected Member of the Legislative Council.
(4) The Chairman and the other members of a Council Committee shall be appointed by the Governor, acting in accordance with the following provisions of this section, by notice published in the Gazette.
(5) Subject to subsection (6), the Governor shall appoint as Chairman of a Council Committee such Elected Member of the Legislative Council as shall have been nominated for that office by the votes of a majority of all the Elected Members of the Council.
(6) If, within such period as the Governor in his or her judgement considers reasonable, no person has been nominated in accordance with subsection (5) for the office of Chairman of a Council Committee, the Governor shall, acting in his or her discretion, forthwith appoint an Elected Member of the Legislative Council as Chairman of that Committee.
(7) The Governor shall appoint the members of a Council Committee other than the Chairman after consultation with the Chairman of that Committee.