Advisory Committee on the Prerogative of Mercy
30.—(1) There shall be for St Helena an Advisory Committee on the Prerogative of Mercy whose members shall be appointed by the Governor, acting in his or her discretion but after consulting the Executive Council, and in accordance with subsection (2).
(2) The Committee shall consist of not fewer than three nor more than five members, of whom one may be a member of the Executive Council, and at least one shall represent the public interest; but no Member of the Legislative Council (except a member of the Executive Council), judge or judicial officer shall be eligible to be a member of the Committee.
(3) The Committee shall not be summoned except by the authority of the Governor, acting in his or her discretion; and the Governor shall preside at all meetings of the Committee.
(4) No business shall be transacted at any meeting of the Committee unless there are at least three members present.
(5) The office as a member of the Committee of any member appointed under subsection (1) shall become vacant if the Governor, acting in his or her discretion but after consulting the Executive Council, revokes his or her appointment as a member of the Committee.
(6) Subject to subsection (4), the Committee shall not be disqualified for the transaction of business by reason of any vacancy in its membership, and the validity of the transaction of any business of the Committee shall not be affected by reason only of the fact that some person who was not entitled to do so took part in the proceedings.
(7) Subject to this section the Committee may regulate its own proceedings.