- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
145.—(1) Where an eligible part-time student transfers to another part-time course, the Secretary of State must transfer the student’s status as an eligible part-time student to that course where—
(a)he receives a request from the eligible part-time student to do so;
(b)he is satisfied that one or more of the grounds for transfer in paragraph (2) applies; and
(c)the period of eligibility has not terminated.
(2) The grounds for transfer are—
(a)the eligible part-time student starts to undertake another designated part-time course at the institution;
(b)the eligible part-time student starts to undertake a designated part-time course at another institution; or
(c)after beginning a designated part-time course for a first degree (other than an honours degree) the eligible part-time student is, before the completion of that course, admitted to a designated part-time course for an honours degree in the same subject or subjects at the institution.
(3) Subject to paragraph (4), an eligible part-time student who transfers under paragraph (1) is entitled to receive in connection with the academic year of the course to which the student transfers the remainder of the support for which the Secretary of State has determined the student qualifies in respect of the academic year of the course from which the student transfers.
(4) The Secretary of State may re-assess the amount of support payable after the transfer.
(5) An eligible student who transfers under paragraph (1) after the Secretary of State has determined the student’s support in connection with the academic year of the course from which the student is transferring but before the student completes that year may not apply for another grant under regulation 137(1)(b) or regulation 141 in connection with the academic year of the course to which the student transfers.
(6) Where a student transfers under paragraph (1), the maximum amount of assistance under regulation 137(1)(a) in respect of the academic years to and from which the student transfers is the amount of assistance with fees available in connection with the course which has the highest intensity of study as defined in regulation 138.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: