Advisory Committee on the Prerogative of Mercy
40. (1) There shall be in and for the Cayman Islands an Advisory Committee on the Prerogative of Mercy, which shall consist of the Attorney General, the Chief Medical Officer and four other members, of which two shall be appointed by the Governor acting after consultation with the Premier and two shall be appointed by the Governor acting after consultation with the Leader of the Opposition.
(2) The Committee shall not be summoned except by the authority of the Governor, acting in his or her discretion; and the Governor shall preside at all meetings of the Committee.
(3) No business shall be transacted at any meeting of the Committee unless there are at least three members present, of whom one shall be the Attorney General.
(4) The office as a member of the Committee of any member appointed by the Governor under subsection (1) shall become vacant if the Governor, acting after consultation with the Premier and the Leader of the Opposition, revokes his or her appointment as a member of the Committee.
(5) Subject to subsection (3), the Committee shall not be disqualified for the transaction of business by reason of any vacancy in its membership, and the validity of the transaction of any business by the Committee shall not be affected by reason only of the fact that some person who was not entitled to do so took part in the proceedings.
(6) Subject to this section the Committee may regulate its own proceedings.