Register of Interests
121. (1) There shall be for the Cayman Islands a Register of Interests, which shall be maintained by the Commission for Standards in Public Life.
(2) It shall be the duty of any person to whom this section applies to declare to the Commission for Standards in Public Life, for entry in the Register of Interests, such interests, assets, income and liabilities of that person, or of any other person connected with him or her, as may be prescribed by law.
(3) A person shall make a declaration under subsection (2) upon assuming the functions of his or her office and at such intervals thereafter (being no longer than twelve months) as may be prescribed by law.
(4) This section applies to all members of the Legislative Assembly and the holders of such other offices (except that of the Governor) as may be prescribed by law.
(5) A law enacted by the Legislature shall make provision for giving effect to this section, including the sanctions which may be imposed for a failure to comply with subsection (2) or (3) and, notwithstanding any provision of Part IV of this Constitution, the sanctions which may be imposed may include the suspension of a member of the Legislative Assembly from sitting in it for such period as may be prescribed in such a law.