- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
9.—(1) This regulation applies in relation to the carriage of class 1 goods by road.
(2) For the purposes of regulation 5, the exemption from the prohibitions and requirements of ADR provided for by Sub-section 22.214.171.124(a) of ADR (carriage by private individuals) is to be disregarded.
(3) But paragraph (2) does not apply if the conditions specified in paragraphs (4) and (5) are satisfied.
(4) The net mass of explosive substance being carried does not exceed—
(a)in the case of fireworks, 50 kilograms; and
(b)in the case of other explosives or a combination of fireworks and other explosives, 30 kilograms.
(5) The individual has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that—
(a)the manner in which the class 1 goods are loaded, stowed, carried or unloaded will not create a significant risk or significantly increase any existing risk to the health or safety of any person; and
(b)there is no unauthorised access to the class 1 goods.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: