- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. (1) Where the Standards Board decides to give a direction under section 57D(1) of the Act, it shall serve the direction on the specified authority in writing.
(2) The Standards Board shall send a copy of the direction to the chair of the standards committee and to the monitoring officer of the specified authority concerned, and to the chair of the standards committee of any other authority which is referred to in the direction.
(3) The direction shall specify—
(a)the date from which it is to take effect;
(b)the reasons why it has been given; and
(c)the identity of the body which will deal with the initial assessment of any written allegations received by the standards committee.
(4) The direction shall require the specified authority to arrange for details of the direction to be published—
(a)in at least one newspaper circulating in that authority’s area;
(b)if considered appropriate by the Standards Board, on that authority’s web page; and
(c)if considered appropriate by the Standards Board, in any other publication.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: