- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
44. (1) Where the Judge Advocate General has determined that preliminary proceedings are necessary, the court administration officer must appoint a time and place for further preliminary proceedings if so directed by—
(a)the judge advocate for any preliminary proceedings; or
(b)the Judge Advocate General.
(2) The judge advocate for any preliminary proceedings may give a direction under this rule—
(a)on the oral application of the Director or an appellant; or
(b)of his own motion.
(3) The Judge Advocate General may give a direction under this rule on the written application of the Director or an appellant.
(4) A written application for a direction under this rule—
(a)must be made to the court administration officer;
(b)must specify the reason for which further preliminary proceedings are required;
(c)must include an estimate of the likely length of the further preliminary proceedings; and
(d)subject to rule 45 (preliminary proceedings in chambers without notice), must be served on every other party to the proposed appeal proceedings.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: