- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) This paragraph makes provision about the status during the transitional period of a representative appointed in accordance with paragraph 1 or 2.
(2) Subject to sub-paragraph (5), a representative may attend meetings of the fire and rescue authority of which the representative will become a member from 1st April 2009, but may not vote at those meetings.
(3) A fire and rescue authority must have regard to a representative’s views in relation to—
(a)the issue of a precept under section 40 of the 1992 Act; and
(b)the calculation of its budget requirement under section 43 of the 1992 Act.
(4) Subject to sub-paragraph (5), the payment of any allowance to a representative shall be a matter for the local authority or shadow council of which the representative is a member in accordance with its scheme for allowances.
(5) A person who is both—
(a)a representative appointed in accordance with paragraph 1 or 2; and
(b)an existing member of a fire and rescue authority,
may in the capacity of member continue to vote and to receive payments by way of reimbursement from the fire and rescue authority.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: