- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
12. After section 30 of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007(1) (notice of listing etc.), insert the following section—
30A.—(1) Where section 30(2) applies, Ministers must notify any relevant health regulatory body whom they think it would be appropriate to notify of the fact—
(a)that the individual has been barred from doing regulated work with children or adults, or, as the case may be,
(b)that they are considering whether to list the individual.
(2) Where, after considering whether to list an individual, Ministers decide not to do so, they must give notice of that fact to any relevant health regulatory body to whom they gave notice under subsection (1)(b).
(3) A notice given under subsection (1) or (2) may include—
(a)such details as Ministers think appropriate—
(i)where the individual has been barred (by being listed or otherwise), about the circumstances in which the individual was barred,
(ii)where they have decided not to list an individual, about the circumstances in which the individual was considered for listing, and
(b)any other information about the individual which Ministers think appropriate.
(4) Where Ministers remove an individual from a list under section 29, they must give notice of that fact to any relevant health regulatory body whom they think it would be appropriate to notify of that fact (having regard to the period for which the individual has been listed).
(5) The following are “relevant health regulatory bodies”—
the General Chiropractic Council
the General Dental Council
the General Medical Council
the General Optical Council
the General Osteopathic Council
the Health Professions Council
the Nursing and Midwifery Council
the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland
the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain.”
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: