- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
4.—(1) The undertaker may construct and maintain the scheduled work in place of so much of Work No.10 of the 1996 Order as lies between the commencement and termination points of the scheduled work and may construct and maintain the remainder of that work under the 1996 Order to join the scheduled work.
(2) Subject to article 5 (power to deviate), the scheduled work may only be constructed in the lines or situations shown on the works plan and in accordance with the levels shown on the sections.
(3) Subject to paragraph (5), the undertaker may carry out and maintain such of the following works as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or for purposes ancillary to, the construction of the scheduled work, namely—
(a)stations, platforms and tram stops;
(b)works required for, or in connection with, the control of vehicular and pedestrian traffic on the authorised tramroad;
(c)works to alter the position of apparatus, including mains, sewers, drains and cables;
(d)works to alter the course of, or otherwise interfere with, a watercourse other than a navigable watercourse;
(e)landscaping and other works to mitigate any adverse effects of the construction, maintenance or operation of the scheduled work; and
(f)works for the benefit or protection of premises affected by the scheduled work.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), the undertaker may carry out such other works (of whatever nature) as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or for purposes ancillary to, the construction of the scheduled work, other than works that would interfere with a navigable watercourse.
(5) Paragraphs (3) and (4) shall only authorise the carrying out or maintenance of works within the limits of deviation.
(6) If the undertaker constructs the scheduled work, the undertaker shall not construct that part of Work No.10 of the 1996 Order in place of which the scheduled work is authorised to be constructed.
(7) If the undertaker constructs any part of Work No.10 of the 1996 Order between the commencement and termination points of the scheduled work, the undertaker shall not construct the scheduled work.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: