- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Welfare Reform Act 2007 (Commencement No. 6 and Consequential Provisions) Order 2008.
(2) In this Order “the Act” means the Welfare Reform Act 2007.
2.—(1) For the purpose only of conferring power to make regulations, the day appointed for the coming into force of the provisions of the Act specified in the Schedule is 18th March 2008.
(2) 1st April 2008 is the day appointed for the coming into force of section 49 of the Act (loss of benefit for commission of benefit offences).
(3) Insofar as they are not already in force, 27th July 2008 is the day appointed for the coming into force of—
(a)paragraphs 10(1), (2) and (32) and 17(1), (2), (3) and (6) of Schedule 3 to the Act and section 28(1) of the Act so far as it relates to those paragraphs; and
(b)section 25(2)(b) of, and paragraphs 1, 2, 3(b), (c) and (d) and 11 of Schedule 4 to, the Act and section 29 of the Act so far as it relates to those paragraphs.
(4) Insofar as they are not already in force, 27th October 2008 is the day appointed for the coming into force of the following provisions of the Act—
(a)sections 1 to 12, 14, 16 to 27, 28(2) and (3);
(b)section 28(1) so far as it relates to the provisions of Schedule 3 referred to in sub-paragraph (f);
(c)section 67 so far as it relates to the repeals referred to in sub-paragraph (g);
(f)paragraphs 1 to 4, 6, 7(1), (7) and (8), 8, 9(1) to (4), (6) to (11) and (13), 10 to 20 and 22 to 24 of Schedule 3; and
(g)the repeals set out in Schedule 8 to the Act relating to—
(i)sections 6A(3) and 124(1) of the Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992(1);
(ii)section 73(4) of the Social Security Administration Act 1992(2);
(iii)paragraphs 19(2) and (3), 40(2) and 53(2) of Schedule 2 to the Jobseeker’s Act 1995(3);
(iv)sections 2(2) and 28(3) of, paragraph 6(b) of Schedule 2 to, and paragraph 3 of Schedule 3 to, the Social Security Act 1998(4); and
(v)section 72(3) of the Welfare Reform and Pensions Act 1999(5).
3.—(1) The following amendments have effect as from 1st April 2008 (in consequence of the coming into force on that day of section 49 of the Act).
(2) In the Social Security and Child Support (Decisions and Appeals) Regulations 1999(6), in paragraph 27 of Schedule 2 (decisions against which no appeal lies), for “3 years” substitute “5 years”.
(3) In the Social Security (Loss of Benefit) Regulations 2001(7), in regulation 2(2) (disqualification period), for “3 years” substitute “5 years”.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions.
Stephen C. Timms
Minister of State,
Department for Work and Pensions
17th March 2008
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: