- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. A current system student qualifies for a fee loan in respect of the fees payable by him in connection with his attendance on a designated course in accordance with Chapter 2 of this Part.
12.—(1) An old system student qualifies for a grant for fees in respect of the fees payable by him in connection with his attendance on a designated course in accordance with Chapter 3 of this Part.
(2) An old system student qualifies for a fee contribution loan in respect of the fees payable by him in connection with his attendance on a designated course in accordance with Chapter 4 of this Part.
13. To receive a loan for fees payable under this Part, an eligible student must enter into a contract with the Secretary of State.
14. Where one of the events listed in regulation 15 occurs in the course of an academic year—
(a)a student may qualify for fee support in accordance with this Part in respect of that academic year provided that the relevant event occurred within the first three months of the academic year; and
(b)fee support is not available in respect of any academic year beginning before the academic year in which the relevant event occurred.
15. The events are—
(a)the student’s course becomes a designated course;
(b)the student, his spouse, his civil partner or his parent is recognised as a refugee or becomes a person with leave to enter or remain;
(c)a state accedes to the European Community where the student is a national of that state or a family member (as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 1) of a national of that state;
(d)the student becomes a family member (as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 1) of an EC national;
(e)the student acquires the right of permanent residence;
(f)the student becomes the child of a Turkish worker;
(g)the student becomes a person described in paragraph 6(1)(a) of Schedule 1; or
(h)the student becomes the child of a Swiss national.
16.—(1) A student to whom this regulation applies is treated as if he were in attendance on the designated course for the purpose of qualifying for fee support.
(2) This regulation applies to—
(a)a compressed degree student; or
(b)a disabled student who—
(i)is not a compressed degree student; and
(ii)is undertaking a designated course in the United Kingdom but is not in attendance because he is unable to attend for a reason which relates to his disability.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: