- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) It shall be the duty of the Cornwall council and the district councils—
(a)to take, whether alone or in any combination, such steps as may be necessary to prepare for the transfer of the functions, property, rights and liabilities of the district councils;
(b)to consult and co-operate with each other in order to secure the economic, effective, efficient and timely transfer of those functions, property, rights and liabilities; and
(c)generally, to exercise their functions so as to further the purposes of this Order.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (1), the Cornwall council and each of the district councils shall provide such information relating to its functions as any other of those councils may reasonably request for the purpose of giving effect to this Order.
(3) Any person authorised in that behalf by the council making the request shall be entitled, at all reasonable times, on producing evidence of his authority (if so required by the council from which the information is sought)—
(a)to inspect any record belonging to or under the control of the council providing the information and relating to that council or its functions; and
(b)to take, or be supplied with, a copy of any such record or part of it.
(4) The rights conferred by paragraph (3) include the right to require any record which is not in legible form to be made available in legible form so that the authorised person may inspect or copy it or be supplied with copies.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: