Auditor’s report on revised report alone
9. (1) Subject to paragraph (2), a company’s current auditor shall make a report or (as the case may be) further report under section 496 or 497 of the 2006 Act (as the case may be) to the company’s members under this regulation on any revised report prepared under section 454 of that Act if the relevant annual accounts have not been revised at the same time.
(2) Where the auditor’s report on the annual accounts for the financial year covered by the revised report was not made by the company’s current auditor, the directors of the company may resolve that the report required by paragraph (1) is to be made by the person or persons who made that report, provided that that person or those persons agree to do so and would be qualified for appointment as auditor of the company.
(3) Where a revised directors’ report is prepared under section 454 of the 2006 Act, the auditor’s report must state whether in his opinion the information given in that revised report is consistent with the annual accounts for the relevant year (specifying it).
(4) Where a revised directors’ remuneration report is prepared under section 454 of the 2006 Act, the auditor’s report must state whether in his opinion any auditable part of that revised report has been properly prepared (“auditable part” being a part containing information required by Part 3 of Schedule 8 to the Large and Medium-sized Companies and Groups (Accounts and Reports) Regulations 2008).
(5) Sections 503 to 506 of the 2006 Act apply to an auditor’s report under this regulation as they apply to an auditor’s report under section 495 of that Act, with any necessary modifications.